Monday 16 November 2009

The Miracle of Life

How simply amazing and wonderful is the miracle of life? Today I found out that my daughter is carrying a daughter! Just thinking about that has reminded me of when I was carrying my children and the joy I felt; the wonder at that little person growing inside of me. I was often totally overcome by the magic of it all and even now, cannot find words to convey the depth of my feelings with each of my pregnancies. The intensity of the love I felt towards that little life developing and the times I would spend totally engrossed with my thoughts about what was happening, and now the cycle of life continues. My first born is carrying her first; I love you Cx.

Then, to the opposite extreme, my little one (age 7) went to bed and had an upsetting few minutes at the thought of death!! What prompted this I doubt I will ever know although he is quite intense at times so it could have just struck him that the opposite of birth is death and so he questioned his own mortality....??

My middle child is also questioning I think although his thoughts are more along the line of how life can be so unfair; he's almost 18! For those of us who have come through this stage and lived to tell the tale, we can empathise. He has yet to find his place in society, his niche, his foothold, so life is difficult and frustrating.

Although I don't think any of my children consciously realise it, they are all in a fantastic position in so many ways. Apart from the obvious of having their health etc, they all question and analyse things yet they don't realise how important this skill is and where it could take them. Some people never question anything. They just accept what life throws at them, often stopping to complain and moan but never thinking they have the option or the power to change things.

We can all change whatever we want in life anytime we want, we just have to do it. We have to stop worrying about the 'Whatifs' and instead work out 'what do I need to do.' If you want to change your current situation or something in your life that you are not happy about, don't sit there moaning about it, do something about it!

Before you know it you could be faced with the questions of a 7 year old so don't be like a teenager and sit around frustrated! Don't wait for life to pass you by before you realise that all the while you had the power inside of you to change things, you just let the 'Whatifs' dominate. Be like this little life waiting to be born ~ full of optimism, hope and wonder at the possibilities open to you. Change the things you are not happy with and live. Get as much enjoyment out of life as you can, you just know it will be worth it!

Have fun, be creative, start from within.


Lezlee

1 comment: